Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Introduction of Ms. Boltz

Hello Everyone! My name is Lisa Boltz and I am beginning my Teach AG Journey with #psuaged19!

I am from a rural, small town in Lebanon County, Pennsylvania although I do not have an agricultural background. I began riding horses at the age of nine, and joined my agriculture department at Northern Lebanon High School my freshman year. I later served as the 2014-2015 State FFA Treasurer. Following this experience, I attended Penn State Berks prior to transitioning to University Park in the fall of 2017.


As I start my Teach Ag Journey I am excited and thrilled to learn from the opportunities in front of me! At this point in my development I am searching for a cooperating center in which I can evolve and grow into the teacher I desire to be. Additionally, I now have become a member of the PAAE and NAAE to evolve in the profession of Agriculture Education.

I expect the coming year and a half to be rigorous, but rewarding. When I am pushed out of my comfort zone it will be difficult and awkward, although I welcome this feeling for personal and professional growth. I expect to find difficulty in my journey in tasks such as developing my voice and philosophy. I will see these difficulties as challenges that I can face head on.

Below is a great video that I consistently reflect on when I meet difficult times in my Teach Ag Journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment